1) I can really do a lot of things on the Internet from my phone (I have a Treo 680). Email, Facebook, even blogging. But it's not nearly as fun.
2) BOY is the Internet a huge timewaster. What the heck did I do before I had all this crap at my fingertips? I've gotten a lot of knitting done in the meantime.
3) Out of sight is out of mind. I have tons of schoolwork due, but oh well, don't have a computer, so...can't do it. (This isn't true, I have DR's computer to use, but I don't have little reminders posted all over on his computer about due dates and websites and projects, so...)
4) Thank goodness for Bloglines. It's hard to read blog posts on my Treo, and I am dreading having to re-do all my settings and bookmarks and such. But with Bloglines, I don't have to worry about it when it comes to my favorite blogs!
5) When the Apocalypse comes, we're all screwed. Whatever will we all do without our little screens to stare at all the time? Stare at each other? Heaven forfend! (DR and I are truly a modern couple. We've been known to email each other from opposite ends of the couch.)
6) Now that we're so computer dependent, backing up all your crap is SO important. I managed to get most of the important stuff off my computer, but it's the little things that are going to be causing me to say "AAAAAARRRGH!!!!" for weeks to come. My settings, many email addresses, the different email boxes I have set up, my bookmarks, my little sticky notes, the unmixed Garage Band surf tracks I was working on, my recipes, some pictures...every day I think of something else I will have to redo when the computer finally comes home with its shiny new brain.
Part of me is *this* close to ditching it all and becoming a Luddite, complete with gas lamps and homespun clothing and a goat. Fortunately for the gadget-loving part, the Luddite part is REALLY small.
What's really sad is that every few hours I remember that my computer is gone, and the first thing that pops into my head is: I miss my friend.